Oct 9, 2009

New beginning

A few years ago I started (and almost finished) Prairie Flowers from a booklet by Jo Morton.
I pulled it out a few nights ago and said to myself--yuck!
Well not technically a real yuck, but just not "me" at this point and time. So what is a girl to do?
Well, this girl packaged it up, will offer it to someone who might love- and finish- it, and I pulled all new fabrics and chose a new setting option. I am now working on Prairie Flowers , Encore.
I'll have block one done this weekend and will post a photo.
Fall is truly here and I feel the nesting instinct kicking in- I want to hunker down and sew.
I have to decide on a definite color scheme for the sew-along over at Charming Girls. The cutting directions are up, and I've ear-marked Saturday for that. Seeing that I just realized that today is Friday I'm already feeling a bit "behind" lol...
Watch for photos......................

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm looking forward to your new beginning of Prairie Flowers. I applaud your ability to 'let go' of something that you know isn't you.

Karen said...

it took a lot of thought, Jeanne, but I decided it had to go! I'm sure I'll be able to find the first project a good home to go to. I've done this before and have felt a great deal of relief! There just isn't enough time to do all the things I'd like to do, so sticking to something I know I don't like any longer just isn't practical (smile!).

Related Posts with Thumbnails