Jun 8, 2008

We Cannot Let This Moment Slip Away

This is why I've been proud to back Hillary Clinton:





with this speech she made me proud to be a woman, she made me proud to have supported her, and she made me proud of the fact that I tried to raise my children (especially my girls) to know they CAN be what ever they want to be...all it takes is hard work and perseverance. Sometimes we don't meet with success, but it shouldn't stop us from trying again....
so now, I'll work (to quote Hillary) to make Barrack Obama our President.
I know that declaration will make my girls happy *smile*

3 comments:

Carol E. said...

Part of me wanted to see her win, too. I never thought a woman would get that far in my lifetime. It is such a thrill that she made it come so much closer to reality!! I was an Obama supporter all along, but would have been just as happy to have Clinton be our next prez. Who would have dreamed we could have such a historical election while I'm alive! It's a thrill.

Julie said...

I agree - I supported Hillary. I thought she presented the best leadership of those running. But, I, like you, now have to support Obama and hope that he has what it takes to put us back on track - good for you for your effort and perseverence...

Renee said...

Like Carol, part of me too wanted her to win. I've been support Obama all along too, but would have been content with Hillary. I am just old enough to remember the women protesting in the streets and burning bras. We have come a long way, baby. There are lots of women coming up behind Hillary who would make great presidents, so maybe we should hang in there a little while longer, and we can see it happen. Now we support Obama and hope that we can get back "normal" in our own country and around the world.

Related Posts with Thumbnails