Apr 18, 2007

It's a Dog's Life

I have nothing new to report in the way of quilting- but found this so cute I had to share! It was a crazy, stressful day and in running through the house noticed it was very quiet. Hubby told me to look at Goober sound asleep on his bed. Apparently he played so hard this morning he tuckered himself out, went to his comfy living room bed, covered his face with BOTH his ears and then used his "arm " and paw to assure complete sleep mode. It worked- for an entire hour! As his exhausted human, I sure would like to replicate this pose!



On a different note, I was reading some blogs with my after dinner coffee and was amused by one (whose author escapes me right now- told you all I was tired!). She was bemoaning the first quilt she made- and how "ugly" it was. I found it to be quite nice, myself, and decided tomorrow when I go feed the kitties, I'll have to borrow back the first (sampler) "quilt" I made. It is on a top shelf in the guest room closet of my sister's house- exactly where it belongs ! She had it hanging over the balcony railing in the entry foyer of the big house, and there is no such exhibit space in her new smaller cottage home- thank god!
I will snap a photo tomorrow and share it- it is horrendous, but the fact that I made it back in 1979 explains the horrid fabric choices. I am, however, proud of the fact that it is all hand pieced- that is how I was taught. AND if it is turned over (yes, i will snap a photo of the back too) I was semi -impressed with my hand quilting. All I can say is "You've come a long way baby"!
So until tomorrow- I'll just leave you with the sleeping pup. I know it brought a smile to my face.

3 comments:

Carol said...

That picture could not be cuter...how nice it would be to be able to curl up like that sometimes.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh look at him! soooo cute! Can't wait to see your first quilt!

Betty said...

Karen love your blog I love to watch sleeping fur babies, don't you wish you could see their dreams??

Related Posts with Thumbnails