Sep 9, 2010

Off The Worktable and Onto The Rack!

Since I posted a rather long post yesterday, I thought I'd hold my Workspace Wednesday post for today. I mentioned in this post that I would be traveling to MA this Sunday to begin a journey of new friendships and stitching. Our project Folk Art Gathering has large pieced backgrounds to which we will add our applique at our monthly get-togethers.
Here is month #1's finished background! I just love it. I especially loved trolling through my rather extensive stash to pull fabrics. I have made it my goal to use what is on-hand and not buy anything (OK, I'm only human, not buy much )for this project.



I am especially in love with these little half Log Cabin blocks. Not exactly sure why- I just think they were fun to piece and are quite cute!



Later today, I will dive into my collection of wool. I intend to mix wool and cotton applique in this project. I need to be prepared for the weekend. Can you tell I'm excited?

Happy Stitching
Karen

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Karen, how cute is this. The first thing my eyes were drawn to were the little half log cabins. I can hardly wait to see what you do with the wool. Have fun at the retreat.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you chose for your quilt. I am working on this quilt also, I can't wait to see what the next pattern will be like. I was at Country Loft a couple weeks ago and they had it displayed in the store and the tag said a "4 part series" and it made me sad, I hope it's more!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Delightful! I also am drawn to cabin blocks. They all take on a look of there own! Thanks for sharing.

Have fun at the retreat. They are always so much fun and creates a refreshing new flow of energy when sharing with each other! Carolyn

Carol said...

Oh I love it, LOVE it! The little log cabins are wonderful! Oh I can' wait to watch this grow.

Lori said...

That is so cute!! I can't wait to see what you add in wool.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I"m totally jealous! I wish I could have gone and played!

Related Posts with Thumbnails