May 7, 2008

Purchases

the photos (all 198 of them!) were picked up last night, the camera was cleared and today I took a few shots of my favorite purchases from this year's Paducah show vendors. The photos are not up to par, but I am sure those of you who are interested in reproductions and folk art will know exactly why I was drawn to these! First is my Hancock's purchase of a Fat Quarter bundle of gorgeous pinks and browns. I thought I was ready to move on to brown and blue until I saw this lonely bundle! It was one of 3 left in a big box...and I just "had to have it"! They are beauties from the Charleston collection by Marcus Brothers. The red FQ you see poking its head up in the back came from my stash of reds. I needed just one for the pattern that these will go into...you'll see it in the photo as well- it is from Bonnie Blue Quilts- Appomattox Courthouse. I just have to look for a good brown in my stash for the sashing strips and then hunt out the perfect toile for the borders. I might have to consider home decorator fabric. It is the look I want and I'll wait til the "perfect" toile fabric appears.


Next is the newest book from Liberty Homestead. All the quilts were on display in their booth, and I fell in love with the brown and cream log cabin on the cover. I bought the brown and red (for the little star log cabin centers) hand dyed cottons from Liberty and the dyed muslin comes from Hancock's. The red behind the nicely tied grouping is a dull red from my stash of wools. It will be for the appliqued flowers in the border. I KNOW I have other Liberty Homestead books somewhere...just where is a mystery! I hope I can find them....

This is the little kit I bought from Lisa Bongean's Primitive Gatherings booth. Most of my group bought the kit- it was just so sweet. I love to decorate for the 4th of July so I hope to get to it very soon. I also bought a fabulous black wrought iron hanger with a single center star to hang the finished wall hanging from. Aren't the colors luscious...they are all wools except for the background and the pinwheel fabric. I am finding I am doing more and more wool applique and I truly love it.

But I think this is my all time favorite! Old St. Nick will fit right in with my collection of old world santas- many of which wear coats made of old quilts. The quilt is done all in flannels. Very folk arty...this is one book (Primitive Christmas) to make sure is on your list! It is full of wonderful projects, and I would like to make each and every one of them. Oh! Take a peek at the bottom of the page with the photo of the project...Nick Bongean is a huge Yankee fan and I had to get him to sign a "go Yankees" for me...seemed appropriate since I am a Yankee fan from w-a-y back, and then there is the whole south of the Mason Dixon line thing of course *smiles*!

And that is the end of show and tell for today!

1 comment:

Quilts And Pieces said...

HEY! You didn't tell me you were at Paducah this year! We could have met up! Although I did get sick going down and was a bit mopey because of it all weekend! I HAVE to make that poinsetta quilt in her book, wasn't her sample just gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails