Sep 30, 2012

A Visit to A Local Quilt Show

As I mentioned yesterday, I thought I would take a bit of time today for one of the local guilds' quilt  show. There were a few pieces that inspired me, and as I had hoped, my friend, colleague and extraordinary quilter, Pat Cunningham had several quilts on display. Two of her latest finishes took not only a first and a second place ribbon, but also exceptional merit ribbons. I am so proud and pleased for her!
There were also a few other quilts  that "spoke" to me, one using photo transfer that gave me ideas as to how to pay homage to my own daughter's years showing her horse!  It was nice to see some friends, catch up with some vendors I haven't seen in awhile and just take a bit of time to roam and immerse myself in quilts of all kinds. Can you tell I love Quilt Show Season? So much inspiration.
I snapped a few photos of my favorites (including Pat's of course!) and have made a smile box slide show for your enjoyment! Without any fanfare, here is a peek at Autumn Inspirations 2012 presented by Q.U.I.L.T.S.
I hope you enjoy!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a photo slideshow

2 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

I love quilt show season too! headed to Rochester NH next weekend to catch up with cousins and hit a quilt show.
love the batiks you bought. be careful they are addicting!

Libby said...

I love me a good quilt show *s* I think I went to that show McIA is talking about - in Nashua? Just a hop, skip and a jump from there to Quilted Crow, a shop that is carrying batiks. *evil grin* Maybe you girls could meet up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails