Jan 25, 2010

Monday January 25, 2010



Week #2- and I didn't forget, or give up! I do like the idea of sharing simple pleasures once a week. Today's entry, January 25, 2010:

Outside My Window
... dark, bleak, rainy! A storm system blew in today bringing 60* temperatures and tons of driving rain and wind. If this was snow.....well, thankfully its not!

I am thinking
...how warm and cosy a home is...not just a house, but a home. Favorite things lying around, your dog happily greeting you at the front door, warm smells from the kitchen, your family safe and sound. A home is a wonderful thing. My heart goes out to those who do not have this.

I am thankful for
...family and good friends. Enough said.

I am wearing
...sweat pants, a mock turtle neck and not so much of a jammie top that it can't pass for a waffle shirt! Comfortable and just warm enough.

I am creating...a bit of this and a bit of that

I am going...merrily along my way..just happy in the small blessings.

I am reading...The Shack by William P. Young- still.

I am hoping
...To finish my first quilt top of 2010 by the end of the month

I am hearing
...chatter between the daughter and the husband....the evening news from the living room.

Around the house
...all is back to normal. Christmas was officially retired in total on Sunday

One of my favorite things
...a hot cup of coffee and some quiet thoughts.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week
:
*take mother to her doctor appointment
*attend my Jo Morton Club meeting tomorrow evening. The new issue begins and I am excited about that
*spend Wednesday and Thursday being "just nana"
*stop by the scrapbooking shop for club issue on Thursday evening
*enjoy an evening out with friends and co-workers Friday night

Here is picture thought I am sharing
...



(remembering the joy of urban gardening, and looking forward to doing it again this year)

1 comment:

antique quilter said...

this was nice to read, I think it is important to stop and remember all that we do have and be thankful for that instead of always wishing for more.

unless of course its a new fabric line :)

I try and do this everyday think of 3 things I am really thankful for, simple things, my first cup of coffee
is almost always on the list!
Kathie

Related Posts with Thumbnails