Dec 17, 2007

Remembering the Classics

I had to get away from the sewing machine for just a bit. I know Christmas is just about a week away, but the poor thing has been working overtime! 3 gifts down, 2 to go and then I can call it done! I wasn't made to be an elf.
In the light of all this I've been keeping up with the little postings of both of my girls. First born had some musings today on watching classic Sesame Street DVDs with friends. She mentioned the crayon factory, and the mailman delivering mail in the applachian mountains on horse back. Kind of took me back to those years when the kids were young (and so was I!). Then I wondered if one of MY favorite clips could be had for the looking...sure enough there it was! Anyone remember this one?? Will anyone besides me get a huge smile on their face as the song plays? Will anyone sing along with me and just feel happy? I asked my hubby if he remembered this, or the crayons, or the MAILMAN?? The answer was always no. Hum....oh that's right. I got to stay home and raise the kids while dad went off to work. I felt a momentary pang of guilt...then I hit replay and sang again....
those were the days!!

3 comments:

Monica L. Mercado said...

and you wonder why I always wanted to live in the big city?! this is one of my favorites--and why 1980-84 needs to come out on disc!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Ahhh, I watched sesame street with my kids and I don't remember that one!!!! :)

Nines said...

Merry Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails