Nov 25, 2007

returning to blogland

Your fairy is called Hex Goblinfly
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in places hexed and tainted by black magic.
She is only seen at midday under a quiet, cloudless sky.
She wears black feathers and rose petals. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.


for some reason, I found this little exercise totally delightful and the jumpstart I think I needed to return to blogland! I've been reading blogs- just not commenting or writing anything on my own. I think I've felt a bit paralized- don't know from what (other than too much to do and too little time?), but I am feeling a bit less disjointed and think it is time to crawl back out from my self imposed oblivion.
Since my last posting I've enjoyed little pieces of life's treasures. My son's wedding, having my girls home- ever so briefly- family, friends. Halloween-that day I think should be a national holiday- brought smiles and giggles as the hords of very poliet and appropriately dressed children rushed to the door. Thanksgiving has come and gone. Again this year we- meaning husband and I- spent the day with family and friends. It was a delightful day which made up for not having any of my children close by and celebrating with us. "The newly weds" had their own Thanksgiving feast for family, while the girls either entertained a dear friend who came to visit or worked all day doing what she does so well- caring for those horses she loves so much. That in its own way is a blessing...knowing that all the work put into raising well-adjusted, productive children was worth every minute of staying home all those years and being "mommy". I've also seemed to have traveled back in time, re-nurturing friendships years old. In a note I recieved from one of those friends just this morning. I had to smile and nod in agreement- she was quick to say that we all chose to take on selflessness in order to raise our families, and now it is time to become a bit selfish and nurture ourselves. Part of that nurturing is going back to beliefs and values instilled in me as I was growing up in a world that was totally different from today's. Gives one much to contemplate along the lines of what it is we want for ourselves now at this latest stage of our lives. I think I know, but the journey is still unfolding!
For now, I'll just be happy in the (not so) little things in life- family, friends, the ability to make each day count. I'll also continue to smile over silly things- like fairie names!
I hope today finds you smiling over something silly and counting your blessings as well.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Welcome Back!! Glad to hear you are doing well. I was tempted to email you and ask if you were ok. I understand the need for a break.:)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oooo - I like my name and description...

Oak Goblinshimmer

Related Posts with Thumbnails